Within the Nokia GSD NI department, responsible for Global Service Delivery, we are looking for a senior NI Engineer (Senior Network Implementation Engineer).
- Use the expertise and knowledge of business processes, systems to ensure the availabil- ity of the customer`s telecom service.
- Responsible for the following tasks but not limited to: design and management, integra- tion, configuration, re-parenting and migration of routes, MUX configuration. It assists the field staff for the integration / configuration of the site, knowledge of technology SDH /IP are mandatory.
- Assistance for field staff during various implementation activities, planned works and re- lated-troubleshooting
- Creating, updating and identifying solutions in order to successfully deliver all designated tasks
- Ensure accurate and timely creation, update and completion of all tickets, with prompt es- calation and notification of incidents during operations as per technical instructions re- ceived from both customers and internal management
- Ensuring that telecom services are delivered within the contractual deadlines
- Propose/develop/ verify/implement new work instructions and any change/evolution re- lated to them
- Propose improvements to processes
- Transfer new tasks to GSD and inside GSD, between projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Telecommunications, Com- puter Science or Information Technologies
- Knowledge of Technical Support processes and tools: Ticketing Systems, change manage- ment
- PDH/SDH/WDM/OTN/IP skills
- Understanding general principles of transmission networks
- Previous experience with multivendor (transmission) is a plus (Ericsson, Marconi, Siemens, Alcatel-Lucent, ADVA, Symmetricom Process & Tools)
- Troubleshooting techniques, system and tools used to manage communications networks
- Ability to deliver necessary knowledge transfer within the team
- Ability to work after clear work instructions and under clear timelines
- Ability to multitask
- Strong MS Office Suite knowledge (Excel, Word)
- English Level: at least B1 level
- German/French Level: at least B1 level – is an advantage.