Provide Network Change Management services to ensure that the impact of planned network changes are minimized and do not cause unexpected impacts to the customer’s network.
Manage and monitor the implementation of change requests to ensure they follow the change management process.
Support the customers Operational Change Management process by representing all Network Changes to the Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Manage and track change requests through the change management process.
- Guarantee compliance of all change requests with change guidelines.
- Publish status and defects associated with all change requests to the appropriate communities of interest.
- Coordinate timelines taking into account impact and risk assessment of changes.
- Ensure all changes have proper documentation (alternative evaluations, impact, risk, fall back plans, health & sanity checks).
- Authorize changes or reject changes and provide appropriate reasons and/or action items.
- Ensure all changes are reviewed/approved by the appropriate stakeholders.
- Serve as the interface to the Change Advisory Board.
- Identify/Investigate unauthorized changes.
- Report on KPI change metrics, analyze trends, and determine root causes of failed changes.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- On time Change Implementation to Agreed Committed Date
- On time authorization/rejection with commit date to internal SLA
- % of change requests rejected for Quality
- Number of incidents induced by changes
- % of defects found in the audit process
- Break boundaries and barriers
- Make it happen
- Analytical skills
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Customer focus
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Risk Management
- Verbal communication
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to document information
- Experience documenting technical procedures & requirements
- Experience in Maintenance, Network Operations and/or Technical Support activities
- Experience in telecom technical domains
- Knowledge of Industry Standards such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) and eTOM (Enhanced Telecom Operations Map)
- Topology of the customer’s netwo
Processes & Tools
- Knowledge of NOC/GNOC processes (e.g.; incident restoration, network change management, …)
- Knowledge of NOC/GNOC tools: REMEDY, NetCool, BMC, Nerve Center and other platform tools